Northwest is a PK/EC through 5th grade school that serves approximately 275 students. In the spirit of children first, our vision is for Northwest teachers, staff, administrators, and parents to work together to create a safe, engaging learning community that enables all students to learn to their fullest potential.
The following programs and activities allow us to successfully meet the needs of the diverse students within our school:
- We have a rigorous academic program based on the common core that allows all students to reach their full potential.
- Students in grades K-5 have physical education, art, music, and technology.
- Students in grades K through 2 have their own iPad minis while students in grades 3 through 5 have their own Chromebooks. Other grades have classroom sets of devices. Technology is used to allow students to experience curriculum with different modalities and to differentiate instruction.
- Northwest utilizes PBIS for its behavior management system. Staff members explicitly teach students positive and pro-social behaviors and recognize students who meet expectations. The school has been recognized with Platinum recognition for its success with the PBIS program.
- Students receive differentiated instruction to meet their needs. Students who need extra support or challenge have an array of options to help them reach their potential.
- The school offers an array of after school programs for our students including engineering, chess, sports, acting, chorus, Spanish, student council, Kindness Club, and others.
- Students provide leadership through such programs as lunch/recess helpers, student council, and our PBIS iLead committee.
- The district offers an extended day program from 7am until 6pm and a breakfast and lunch program for students.